Sunday, September 6, 2009

"I HEAR THE DRUMS ECHOING TONIGHT"


Do you remember that old TOTO song, Africa? Well, I have been humming it for a few days now. Our 3rd son, Adam, is on his way to Ethiopia as we speak. He and his best friend left this morning to spend 2 month with the Cherokee Gives Back Foundation. There is no doubt this will be a life changing experience for him. Adam, our sheltered child, who went to Cary Christian School, then to Hampden-Sydney College. As his brothers said, there are no bow ties or seersucker suits in Africa! I am so amazed at his willingness to leave his comfort zone. I love the way he is willing to stretch himself, and I am so proud of his strong faith. He has a blog "Send Me."

As for the rest of us, we have learned so much in the last week. We are filled with hope and gratitude. Joe will come home on Wednesday. Prayers are needed and appreciated. Maybe one day I can share the journey with you.

No comments: